Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Easy Toddler Snacking

My sweet two-year-old loves her snacks! She is growing so fast and is so active; she is always hungry for something. I have a 1/8 measuring cup that is supposed to be for measuring coffee. I do not use it for coffee, nor do I use it for baking or cooking. I have found that this measuring cup is the perfect size for all of Rachel's snacks. I would give her a little bowl of something and find it half eaten or dumped somewhere around the house. This way, I feel more in control, it helps me keep track of how much she is eating, and it cuts down waste. I have no problem feeding her healthy snacks throughout the day because this little cup gives her the perfect amount for her little tummy.

 She loves the handle and it is really easy for her to hold. I think that it also helps with her hand control. She needs to hold the cup steady in order to get a snack, instead of a regular bowl sitting on the ground or other surface. She also eats slowly because she is concentrating harder on her ability to hold the cup and pinch each bite. I'm happy that she is not scarfing all of her snacks.
 
1/8 cup = 2 tablespoons = 1 ounce 

 Organic Green Grapes
 
 
 
Dried Cherries & Dried Apricots                    Organic String Cheese
                   
                                    
Organic Fruity O's                                         Pistachio Nutmeats


 Organic Popcorn                                           Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
                         (I only fill it half way for these) 

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment